Monday PM Class FEBRUARY MARCH
STARTS MARCH 1st!
Are you like me and have been collecting fun photos, buttons, labels, bottle caps, tea fortunes, and other random beautiful little trinkets and don’t know what to do with them? If yes, this class is for you! Participants will learn how to create dynamic and expressive journal pages using collage and found objects. We are going to experiment with how to use color media (of your choice), placement/compositions, and ways to adhere our ephemera to the pages.
Each class starts with students following demonstrations of techniques and methods as well as journal prompts to get the creativity flowing. The second half of class participants will have time to explore a prompt in depth with the techniques they learned. Sharing is always optional at the end. We will also be incorporating different methods of collage, writing words, drawing images, and so much more. Journaling can be a great source of self inquiry, exploring issues that are important to you, and is therapeutic for the heart, mind, and soul. Journaling in this way can also be a sweet way to document our memories, special occasions, and/or a way to catalog our collections of the things we have tucked away in boxes for years!
This is an adult course, but teens are welcome to participate as well. Children under 13 may accompany an adult taking the course.
COST: By Donation (students have been paying anywhere from $5 – $50 per class which comes out to $20-$200 for the whole course. Please pay what matches your financial means and needs. No on turned away due to lack of funds.
DATES: We will meet 4 Mondays March 1, 8, 15, 22 – 5pm-7pm Pacific Time
Each class will be recorded that day and the link to view it will be sent along with the notes from the class each week. Recorded classes are only available to those who register for the class so we can keep a safe and nurturing space for those to express themselves.
SUPPLY LIST #1:
Acrylic paint (this is optional, but it is the best kind of paint to use for this kind of journaling because of the hot glue we may be using): (set of primary colors or just get white and black if you don’t want to work with color)
***Brushes (***you can use whatever brushes you’d like to use, these are some suggestions)
Size 6 round:
Detail brush: size 00
Paint Pens: OPTIONAL
You can get your favorite colors (I suggest Black, White, Gold, and one favorite color)
Posca Paint Pens:
Or extra fine tips:
Journal: (ANY WATERCOLOR JOURNAL WITH SPIRAL BINDING WILL BE GOOD FOR THIS CLASS – if you don’t want to purchase another journal please ask me if the one you have will be suitable for 3D items)
ANY SIZE WILL DO – I GOT THIS ONE so I could work small:
SUPPLY LIST #2:
ALL OF THESE ARE OPTIONAL:
- Any kind of collage images from books, photos, xeroxes, laser prints, dictionaries, calendars, magazines, music sheets, etc.
- 2 Dimensional found objects: Postage stamps, wine/soda labels, stickers, fortunes, greeting cards, fabric, lace, playing cards, tarot cards, ribbon, handmade papers, wrapping paper, old letters, etc.
- Dimensional found objects: Buttons, bottle caps, matchbooks, dried flowers or leaves or anything else from nature, yarn, sequins, old puzzle/game pieces, beads, etc.
- To adhere objects: string, wire, yarn, hot glue/hot glue guns, white glue, tape, sewing needles, double sided tape, stapler, etc.
- Other tools that are helpful: awls, hole punchers, scissors, xact-o blades, sharpies, pencils, cloth to clean up brushes, water bowls for brushes, something to cut on with xact-o blades, etc.
- Mod Podge (matte or glossy – acrylic medium works too if you already have)
Students have been paying anywhere from $5 – $50 per class, which comes out to $20-$200 for the whole course. Please pay what matches your financial means and needs. No one turned away due to lack of funds
Sign up here for the Monday Evening Journaling w/Collage + Found Objects Here. Please enter the name of the class you are signing up for in the Notes field within PayPal. Or send me a separate note letting me know!
Don’t forget to enter the name of the class you are signing up for in the Notes field within PayPal. Or send me a separate note letting me know!
If you have difficulty with the form, you may also sign up directly by sending me a donation via PayPal by clicking below.